We welcome all makers but we especially support three main groups -
S.T.E.M. / S.T.E.A.M - Education:
(Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Math)
WEARABLES / FIBER ARTS:
3-D printing/Laser-Etching/Robotics/Arduino/ Wireless (HAM & R/C)
- STEM is short for Science,Technology, Engineering and Math but we emphasize creativity and add 'Art' to the mix, and focus on Foundational Technologies. We have lots of classes and youth day-camps planned, heavy on the hands-on and creative.
- We expect to put our classrooms to extensive use, with our own classes and also making them available to local clubs and organizations. Expect to see classes on computer and internet use as well as on 'making' topics.
- The heart of the space is a room with lots of work-table space and tools for heavy fabrics, leather, plastic and wood.
- Wearable Tech can be anything from Cosplay Clothing and accessories to Wearable Computers.
- We are building a community space for History and Creative History reenactors (from Medieval to Steampunk, from Civil-War to Science Fiction,) and at the same time encourage all kinds of tinkering with micro-computers and the Internet of Things. Mind you we expect to see our folks turning out our share of Ray-Guns, Time-Machines, Communicators and Spectral-Siphons.
- Paper Crafts - from scrap booking and, book-binding, to origami we will have space, tools and classes.
- the Funkraum: We will have a room dedicated to Electronics, Automation, Robotics, and wireless - including HAM radio and R/C
- While some folks may be making pretend, others will be inventing the future as we explore the uses of micro-controllers, especially TeensyUSB and Arduino and the Internet-of-Things. Maybe we will even sponsor our own Robot Wars...
- And of course we will be exploring the world of 3-D printing, and Laser-etching!
- Expect to see our own layout & transfer tools from Light-tables to an LCD projector aimed at the work-tables for tracing.
With our focus areas we don't mean to limit anybody, but rather to indicate where our tools and materials budgets will have priority.
We already have many of the tools to get up and going with these, but there is always a need for new tools and people with expertise they can share - like you!